Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Letter to the Parents of my Students

Dear Parents,

I should probably write letters like this more often. But as unorganized as I am it is probably better that I do it only sporadically…so that no one gets hurt.
So with the timing of your local DMV I am (in February, no less) sending you a letter about what I have planned so far for this year. Let me say up front, I write this letter to elicit pity about how absolutely hard my job can be. You see, I have to hang out with students, read, study and teach the Bible, talk about the world around us, listen to music, watch movies and eat junk food. I have to suffer through a trip to St. Louis with High Schoolers, two trips to the beach and a Missions Trip. I have to grit my teeth and bear it when I travel to Jackson and eat Sushi and chaperone Students who must go to Best Buy. It is a difficult job but someone must do it! Pray for me.
In all honesty I love my job. There are some exciting things happening in Westminster Youth Ministries. We have kids growing in faith right before my eyes. It is as if Romans 12:2 is being lived out right in front of me…

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

So with great joy I look forward to assisting you in discipling your children in the gospel through the enclosed weekly schedule and coming events. My goal is to instill in your children a Biblical Worldview so they will be able to live their lives with God at the center.

Your partner because of the Gospel,
Matt Redmond
Pastor of Student Discipleship

P.S. For more info on Westminster Youth Ministries and “how to break the 10 commandments of youth ministry” see www.1bloggingyouthpastor.blogspot.com

No comments: