Friday, November 03, 2006

Laid Up


Well, I have not been blogging for a few days. The reason? I have been literally laid up for about 2 weeks. My physical therapist thinks I have a herniated disk which I think is putting some crazy pressure on my sciatic nerve. Walking has literally been a pain in the butt...and my entire left leg.

The good news is I am much better. My mobility is better abd the pain level has been reduced significantly through therapy and some good old-fashioned bed rest. However, I will still have an MRI on Monday...a first for me.

The irony is I once was blind but now I see.

No. Really.

Someone from my church donated lasik eye surgery to me. So I now see 20/20. No contacts. No glasses. It is probably the closest this side of the Jordan I will be to experiencing a miracle of biblical proportions. I am so grateful for what it is done for me physically and how it has given me new insight on the miracles of the Bible. More on that in a later post.

Also, I need to point out what a wonderful woman my wife is. She has pretty much taken care of the whole family. She has been at our bec-and-call (sic?) for days even though she has also been under the weather. Man, is she great and it is a pleasure to see more of her greatness the longer we live together and love together.

Hopefully more posts next week...

No comments: