Thursday, August 13, 2009
I Love the PCA But...
This video totally creeped me out.
Update: Here are some of my thoughts...
1. It is a beautiful structure.
2. In the comment section on imonk's blog all those who justify this kind of building never use the Bible to do so.
3. What justification is used is an appeal to the importance of the arts and the artistic gifts of the community of faith.
4. People keep talking about "reverence" and how "holy" places like this are. Which is weird because I thought the veil was torn and now such ideas were gone with the Old Covenant.
5. I find it amazing how many people complained about the look of many modern-looking churches even though the NT is stunningly silent on an issue.
6. It is impossible for me to think about this without thinking about this.