Thursday, November 22, 2007

"Give the Lord a Shout!"

So I have been listening to a lot of Casting Crowns lately. After going to their concert I downloaded all their albums from itunes. Some of the albums are live albums.

Well, during one song the lead singer, Mark hall, says "Give the Lord a shout!" I have to admit it irked me to no end...for a while...

But then I remembered that the OT, especially in the Psalms...

...describes shouting as positive...

May we shout for joy over your salvation - 20:5

And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me,
and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
- Ps 27:6

and commands it throughout...


Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy - Ps 32:11

Shout for joy in the Lord, O you righteous! Praise befits the upright. - Ps 33:1

Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts. - Ps 33:3

Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!- Ps 47:1

My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you;
my soul also, which you have redeemed. - Ps 71:23

There are some views, opinions and preferences I will have to forever unlearn.

No comments: