Monday, August 04, 2008

Music on Monday

A few months ago I ran across a band I had never heard of. I was pretty impressed after downloading some free tracks and then kinda forgot about them. But then I heard them on Pandora and decided I needed to hear some more.

Robbie Seay Band is one of the best bands I have heard in a long time. Thanks to iTunes and EMusic I believe I have all of their albums. To get a listen I would reccomend their MySpace page and their website. My favorite album of theirs so far is Better Days...although their new one is really, really good. They are a great mix of acoustic rock with lots of songs that go full-boar on you. None of it is lazy and all of it is thoughtful. They do a number of Hymns that are very moving and some original "worship" tunes.

Also they are excellent live...on the way back from Chicago, the group I was with stopped in Decatur, Illinois to see a free concert of theirs. It was only an hour long but it was unreal good. The sound was huge and great. They have a very good live EP for those interested.

To tell you how much I like this band, only one album has really been competing for my attention in the last couple of weeks. And that album is Viva la Vida by Coldplay which may be a musical masterpiece.

Below are a few videos of Robbie Seay Band for your listening and viewing pleasure...



No comments: